Questions for Dan Hu
- Can you descript how you got interested in evaluating pharmacy students for residency?
- What are some of the current challenges of evaluating students in the current model?
- Can you summarize your publication “ A Screening Tool to Identify Qualified Pharmacy Residency Candidates”
- What are some strategies that schools and university of pharmacy could incorporate into their curriculum to make students more competitive for residency programs?
- What are your tips for students applying for PGY1 and PGY1 residents applying to PGY2 to make themselves more competitive for the PhorCAS application process?
- What something you wish you would have known prior to applying to residency?
- What’s your thoughts on the future of pharmacy residency/fellowship training?
Sample Residency Scorecard
Must Read Articles about Pharmacy Candidate Residency Selection
- Hu D, Veenhouwer D, McCoy J, Caselnova DA 3rd. A Screening Tool to Identify Qualified Pharmacy Residency Candidates. Am J Pharm Educ. 2019;83(4):6714. doi:10.5688/ajpe6714
- Hu D. Predicting Success in Residency: The Quarterback Problem. Hosp Pharm. 2016;51(8):615–617. doi:10.1310/hpj5108-615
- Phillips JA, McLaughlin MM, Rose C, Gallagher JC, Gettig JP, Rhodes NJ. Student Characteristics Associated with Successful Matching to a PGY1 Residency Program. Am J Pharm Educ. 2016;80(5):84. doi:10.5688/ajpe80584
- Gohlke AL, Ray DB, El-Ibiary SY, Barletta JF. Characteristics of the ideal postgraduate year 1 pharmacy practice residency candidate: a survey of residency program directors. J Pharm Pract. 2014;27(1):84–88. doi:10.1177/0897190013504962